Monday 1 September 2014

Meera chapter 8

2 Months back.

Meera was travelling back from Jaipur after meeting her mother from Shatabdi express that is when she found her seat next to a very handsome man. The train journey is for almost 5 hours from Jaipur to Delhi and hence she felt relieved that she does not have to spend that time chatting with an aunty like she did the last time when all that aunty wanted to talk about was how girls of this generation are proving to be extremely bad daughter in laws and how she was the perfect one who always obeyed her mom in law in her younger times.

While trying to adjust a heavy suitcase on the compartment above their seats she almost lost the balance and trembled with the bag. She felt immensely ashamed at herself for being clumsy in front of a dude. On the other hand, he offered his big and strong hands to help her with the luggage. "Thank you" she said to offer her nice gesture for the help provided by gentleman. "That's all right." he spoke in a very manly voice. "Hi, I am Siddharth. pause. How bout you? " he continued. Not only was he good looking, he had a very hot voice too which suited his tall, dark and handsome personality.

"Hi, I am Meera. ", she replied in a calm and happy voice and hoped that the journey of 5 hours would end enjoyable.

"Wow, what a beautiful name. I guess, I have heard it for the first time in real life. I mean I have heard the name before but only in movies and mythological stories but never in real life." he said excitedly.

"Ya, my grandfather kept my name. But it caused quite a stir in family at that time.", she replied.

"Stir? Why?" He was inquisitive.

"Well, if you know about the mythology then the name Meera is associated with sacrifice, loneliness etc and my mother feared that I will end up sacrificing my life for someone I love and will not get the usual happy married life", she told genuinely.

"That's just rubbish. Our society has lot of stigma. I am sure name has nothing to do with all those things in life." he further asked, "so what do you do?"

"Nothing actually. I am searching for a job in Delhi. I just moved in the city couple of months back"

"Oh,well I can surely help you with job. I have many friends in Delhi. Send me your resume and I should be able to help you."

"That's great. Thank you. So what do you do Siddharth?"

"You can call me Sid. I have a startup company and I work with a partner. Prior to that I used to work with reggolb corporation. I am not sure if you have heard of them"

"Ya I have heard of them. They are into event management right? "

"Oh yes."

Their conversation was interrupted when the Shatabdi waiter came to offer them breakfast which included some pasta, bread butter jam, eggs and coffee.

"Hmm I like their breakfast.", he said and to that Meera replied only with an Me too smile.

Through rest of the journey, they spoke about everything from their favorite movies, favorite stars, favorite hobbies to bad travelling experiences. She did not forget to include the aunty in conversation she had met last time. They knew that people seated near by are listening to their conversations. From time to time they were realizing the fact that many people are all ears to their talk but they did not care at that time.

By the end of 5 hours, they knew a lot about each other and there were many similarities like they both were avid fans of offbeat Indian cinema with their favorites ranging from water to rang de basanti to Mr and Mrs Iyer. And to the fact that they both were sensitive towards current and crying issues, she being all for the underprivileged children and he was aggressive towards the corrupt and lethargic politics. They exchanged phone numbers and Sid promised to help Meera in finding a job.

That was a perfect journey and there was that moment when they both felt the need to say bye with a hug but it would have been tat bit too much so they both shook hands and promised to keep in touch but at that time all she thought of was the happy time she spent and that how much she adored her new friend and she had no idea that this little meeting could tremble her life way too much then she trembled in train. But at that time he was straightaway to the bucket where she would keep guys who had chance of turning into some one special.

No comments:

Post a Comment